Rotary Club of Martinsburg seeks grant applicants
The Rotary Club of Martinsburg’s Foundation is soliciting proposals for two different grant opportunities for non-profit organizations:
Community Service Grants for a maximum of $5,000 per organization, supporting projects that demonstrate need for small capital items or “seed money” for special services that provide direct and tangible benefits within Martinsburg/ Berkeley County.
Special Project Grants for a maximum of $20,000 supporting larger projects that demonstrate long-term sustainability and impact.
Non-profits in the community are encouraged to apply for the grants Dec. 1, 2022 through Jan. 31, 2023.
“We are very excited to make these grants available to the community,” said club grants committee chair Michelle Sadat. “We have been looking for ways to make the process simple for our wonderful non-profit community. We don’t want to create an undue burden for them.”
The committee will review the grant proposals submitted by the non-profits from February through March. Decisions will be made in April. Funds should be used within one year of the grant’s issuance. Applicants are required to give a presentation about the project’s success/progress to the Rotary Club.
- Applicant must be a non-profit charitable organization, government agency, Rotary Foundation, or other Rotary Club
- Must demonstrate need for a specific project or program (not to include operating and or administrative expenses such as salaries and operating expenses.)
- Must be able to demonstrate impact of the grant
- Funding must provide services to Berkeley County residents (exceptions can be made for other Rotary Clubs)
Funding must be for future projects or programs. (Grants may not be used to reimburse organizations for activities or expenses already completed or in progress.)
All grant applications must relate to the seven areas of focus for Rotary International:
- Promoting peace;
- Fighting disease;
- Providing clean water;
- Sanitation, and hygiene;
- Saving mothers and children and supporting education;
- Growing local economies;
- And/or protecting the environment
Application and instructions can be found at www.MartinsburgRotary.com under community grants and can be submitted online, emailed to [email protected] or mailed to: Rotary Club of Martinsburg, PO Box 2073,
Martinsburg WV 25402
For more information, contact Michelle Sadat at [email protected]