President's Report – November 2013
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my Rotary Family. Please take some time over the holidays to reflect on those really important things in your life and on how lucky we are to have what we do, while remembering those less fortunate than us. December has some changes to our regular scheduled meetings so please mark your calendars as such; December 12th @ McFarland House, December 19th Christmas Dinner (No Lunch Meeting), December 26th NO MEETING and January 2nd we will back to normal. It is with a sad heart that I must report that long time member Jerry Mays is moving from Martinsburg to be with family in Arizona. Jerry and his liberal views on politics and life will be sorely missed at our meetings. Jerry, we will miss you and hope you keep your desk clock on Martinsburg time to remember all the good times and memories you had here. We have warned the entire Democratic party of your arrival on the West coast. Good Luck and Best Wishes.
Our November push for donations to the Foundation netted over $9000. Thank you to all those who gave this year. Dr Kamath and Vickie Elliott organized a bevy of volunteers to hand out dictionaries. Our Little Libraries were handsomely decorated by each high school, which in turn were rewarded with a $250 check to each art department. At our Club Assembly we voted for our new board members for the 2014/15 year. Congratulations to Pam Wagoner and Pam Curtis. We also approved the changes to the by-laws.
This weekend is the Santa Breakfast, and I think at last count there were only 15 tickets left so get down to Depot Florist ASAP if you want one. Our meeting next week at the McFarland House has a very special speaker, Mike Nailor from the District, who is coming down to give us a report on the Ecuador Project that we have pledged our Foundation giving to. The Taste of the Panhandle committee has done it again; they have exceeded all expectations and sold out the entire event already. A little birdie told me we may even be breaking some records here.
|Membership (As of Nov 30)||141||Gain of 1|
|Attendance||48%||Loss of 1% (R.B. Seem, Jeff Arndt and Steve Christian, please come back!)|
|Foundation Giving (As of Nov 30)||$10,152||72.5% of Goal|
|Dues Paid (As of Nov 30)||12 members past due – 15% of members still owe for this past quarter||85% of Membership|
|Engagement (YTD)||83%||83% of Goal|
- No report for November.
- Our By-Law Changes were approved by the membership at the December 7th club assembly.
- Doug is STILL working on updating all the birthdays and pictures on www.DACDB.com (I know, I know 140 names with his typing skills this may be permanently on the report)
- Vickie Elliott and Sherri Janelle are working on starting a Roteract Club at BlueRidge CTC
- December is Hedgesville month for our student guests.
- Buzz Poland is still in need of a host family for 3 to 6 months of next year for our exchange student.
- Our foundation giving will be supporting the Ecuador project and we will be having a program in December 12th with details at the McFarland House
- Past President Pam Wagoner, Gail Moxley, Kathy Mason are just the greatest organizers that one could ask for. I want to thank you so much for what you and your abundant committees for TOP 2014 have done and it’s only the beginning of December. We are NO LONGER needing sponsorships but could always use more auction items.
Yours in Service ,