Grapevine – September 23, 2021
Greeter – Steve Roach was the greeter this week and led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, Four-Way Test, and invocation. He was in the right place at the right time!
Guests – Carol Rhan, guest of Steve Roach; Charles Timbrook and Mike Cotter, guests of Tracy Regalia; Kaveh Sadat, guest/husband of Michelle Sadat; and Ruth and Tim Slonaker, guests of Pete Mulford.
- Shelter box initiative: right now, Rotary clubs are sending Shelter Boxes to Haiti. We set sponsoring one Shelter Box as a goal for this year, Pete is our Shelter Box point person.
- We are cooking and serving at the Apple Harvest Pancake Breakfast on October 16th and 17th. We are looking for volunteers for that. Showtime 7:30AM.
- ESSEX is starting to plan for inbound and outbound exchange students for next year.
- Rob Lowe is seeking volunteers to join the new Pickleball Tournament Fundraising Committee. Please consider this and get with him for more information.
- Our student guests this week were Kaitlyn Loy, Emma King, and Sidney Dugger from Faith Christian Academy and were introduced by Jennifer Stanley.
- The program today consisted of 3 member biographies. We mixed things up a little from the traditional way by including old and new members. The first member to speak was Joshua Webb with the Salvation Army. The second member was Patrick Darlington with the Berkeley County Development Authority. Last, per his request, was Max Oats. Everyone really enjoyed all of the bios and we learned a little more about our awesome members.
- Oct 7 – Scotty Pereschuk, Columbia Cares Medical MarijuanaOct 14 – Mike Laing, Berkeley County Judicial Center Courthouse MarshallsOct 21 – Zack Walburn, Storm Water Management and the “Rain Tax”
- Oct 28 – Jim Ouellet, Berkeley County Water Supply History and Future
- Sharon Novak sold tickets this week. Jennifer Smith’s ticket was drawn, and she did not choose the winning card. She will sell tickets next week.
- October 9th is the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, located at War Memorial Park. Registration from 8 AM – 9 AM, walk starts at 9:30. My Team is Jones Pride. Please walk with me or donate to this great cause.
- October 13th will be the Girl Scouts Women of Distinction luncheon.
- October 23rd join Mainstreet Martinsburg as they have the first State Food Truck Festival
- President Steve presenting Kerri Goodwin with her official Rotary nametag.