Grapevine – October 21 2020
Note about meeting venue: The Club will continue meeting in person at the Holiday Inn, along with an option to join virtually.
Last week: Penny Porter talked with us about the United Way of the Eastern Panhandle. They made a number of adaptations to their programming based on the Covid-19 pandemic. They created a video to send to workplaces rather than having in-person visits to present about the campaign. UW will be investing $1.5 million into the community.
This Week: District Governor Irvin Wright will be joined by the assistant district governor and the incoming district governor.
October 29 – Club Assembly
November 5 – Mayor Harriet Johnson, City of Martinsburg
November 12 – Basketball Coaches (pending)
November 19 – Herb Smith, District Communications and Rotary PR update
November 26 – No meeting…Thanksgiving Holiday
- Mac Warner, West Virginia Secretary of State, guest of Darrell Shull
- Landon Palmer, Mac Warner Campaign, guest of Darrell Shull
- Carol Shull, Retired, guest of Darrell Shull
- Robert L. Sowell, Jr., visiting Rotarian from Fairfax Club, Retired
- Daryl Hayes, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, guest of Pam Wagoner
- Kelly Crow Hayes, Wall Street Journal, guest of Pam Wagoner
- Joshua Webb, Commanding Officer at The Salvation Army, guest of Kevin Knowles
- Vickie Elliott – October 11
- Rick Pill – October 12
- Chad Spencer – October 14
- Margaret Cogswell – October 17
- Fred Parsons – October 17
- Brad Janes – October 18
- Wedding Anniversaries
- Brian and Debbie Jolliff – 26 years on October 16
- Jim and Diana Carpenter – October 19
- Fred and Denise Hollida – October 20, 2020
- Steve Roach – 32 years
- Gail Moxley – 14 years
- Pam Wagoner – 12 years
- Kevin Starliper – 6 years
- Carolyn Snyder – 4 years
- Stephen Crowell – 3 years
- Lisa Fausey – 3 years
- Kevin Knowles – 1 year
- Amanda Sink – 1 year
- The Club Picnic at the barn at Poor House Farm made for a lovely evening. Food was provided by ROCs.
- The District Foundation Dinner has been cancelled but raffle tickets are available. See Chris Johnson. All but the first $10 ticket will count toward your annual support of the foundation.
- We will once again be distributing Santa angels and doing bell ringing at Walmart, both in partnership with The Salvation Army.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
Student Guests – We had two talented student guests last week from Martinsburg High School who were introduced by club member and MHS Principal Trent Sherman.
- Xavier Jenkins, Senior, will major in mechanical or civil engineering.
- Laasya Chennuru, Senior, plans to study bio chemistry or bio-medical sciences to prepare for medical school and becoming a physician.
- Ernie Weidman sold tickets. Penny Porter had the winning ticket but did not draw the four of diamonds so did not win the pot.