Grapevine – May 6, 2020
Last week: We had an online meeting. Robin Zanotti shared information about the C&O Canal National Historical Park and how the C&O Canal Trust supports the park. There was an update on the construction of the new park headquarters in Williamsport.
- May 14: More member bios
- Pete Mulford led us in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Vickie Elliott provided an invocation.
- Heather Myers – May 8
- Marilyn Schoon – May 8
- We are currently behind in our campaign this year, mostly due to the lack of in-person lunch meetings. Please don’t let that hold you back – contact Pete Mulford at 304.268.5627 or send your check to Pete Dufourny, P.O. Box 2073, Martinsburg, WV 25402.
- Twenty-five members of the club are within $500 of achieving a Paul Harris Fellow. Our club will match up to $250 for the first 10 of these members who commit to $250 themselves to achieve this distinction.
- The Installation Dinner is tentatively planned for the last week in June.
- Fer was able to get a flight and is now in Bolivia. She is under a 14-day quarantine but she’s happy to be in her home country.
- Dana Orsini joined us with an announcement from the District:
- There are two weekly Zone Zoom meetings – Friday at 7:30 a.m. and Monday at noon. They have pretty good speakers. You can get information on DACdb.
- Steve Truax is looking for more new members to present biographies, and is having a hard time reaching people. If you are willing to present your biography very informally please let Steve know at (304) 279-0653 (voice or text).
- Thursday lunch meetings at the Holiday Inn have been canceled until further notice. Watch for emails about online meetings.
- Derby Days Soiree has been postponed.
- Pancakes for Polio has been canceled.
- The Golf Tournament has been moved to Wednesday, October 14, still at The Woods.
- Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to Interact students from the clubs we sponsor. An additional three $600 scholarships will also be awarded.
- A gift of $1,200 will be given to the Blaine Groves Scholarship Fund at the Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation.
- Michael Whalton shared that the Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation awarded $75,000 to 23 organizations in the form of emergency response grants. There will be another round and you can go to their website for more information.
- Steve Truax announced that CCAP has plenty of food to give away. It is well stocked for those who need it. They are using social distancing procedures.