Grapevine – May 26, 2021
Last week: Emily Dyson of Entsorga. They are using HEBioT Technology to divert waste from landfills. They use waste as a commodity and even more importantly as a fuel.
This week: WV Senator Craig Blair, Senate Chairman
June 3: Dr. Connie Smith, WVU Medical Center
June 17: Dr. Zakee McGill, President, NAACP, Berkeley County
June 24: Installation Dinner and 100th Anniversary Celebration
July 8: Purple Iris?
July 29: Club picnic at Poorhouse Farm
Greeter – Buzz Poland was the greeter and led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, provided an invocation and led us in the Four Way Test.
- Nina Arnett – wife of Dr. Arnett (deceased), guest of Berniece Collis
- Rob Lowe III – guest of Rob Lowe II
- Marilyn Schoon – May 8
- Jim Carpenter – May 12
- Chris Johnson – May 29
- Ken and Denise Apple – 45 years on May 15
- Tim and Jan Merceruio – 39 years on May 29
- Dana and Dave DeJarnett – 32 years on May 20
- Jim and Diane Ouellet – 22 years on May 29
- Amanda and Brandon Sink – 7 years on May 23
- Bill and Jan Wertman – May 28
- Max Oates – 22 years
- Marilyn Schoon – 16 years
- Pete Mulford – 9 years
- Darrell Shull – 5 years
- John Orem – 2 years
- An in-person Membership Mixer is planned for June 3 from 5-6:30 pm. It will be held at Bunker Hill Antiques, 144 Runnymeade Road, Bunker Hill. See the attached flyer. You can RSVP at [email protected], 304.871.0344.
- The golf tournament successfully raised $18,000 for scholarships to Interact and Rotaract students. Save the date for next year’s event on May 18, 2022 at The Woods.
- The Club’s 100th Anniversary Celebration and Installation Dinner will be held June 24, 2021 at the Holiday Inn. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at 5:30 pm and dinner at 6:30 pm. Members should have received an invitation. RSVP by June 14 to Pete Mulford at 304.268.5627 or [email protected].
- President-Elect Steve Truax is looking for someone to replace Robin as editor for the Grapevine. Please let Steve know if you want to consider serving the Club by taking an hour or so per week to update members on news of speakers and Club business. Reach out to Robin Zanotti if you want to talk about specific duties. [email protected] or 540.686.6166.
- The program committee will meet this Thursday at 11:30 am.
- The Club will staffing the concession at the Berkeley County Youth Fair on July 31.
- Pam will be taking over as Area Assistant District Governor.
- Please sign up with Sandy Hamilton to be a greeter. We will continue to use public health guidelines.
- June 17 will be the last lunch meeting where Zoom participation will be made available. Board meetings will continue to be available via Zoom.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
- Scott Roberts introduced Fran Inman of Spring Mills High School. She brought Josue Bringas who is a junior. He is an athlete and plans to study psychology and then go to law school.
- The pot had $207 and there were 31 cards left in the deck. Guest Nina Arnett had the winning ticket and was awarded half of the week’s proceeds. She donated them back to the Club.