Grapevine – March 3, 2021
Last week: Mark S. Nantz, President & CEO, Valley Health System. The system’s region serves 78 million people with 6,200 employees, 28 percent of whom live in West Virginia. Their economic impact on the region is $1.25 billion.
This week: Robin Zanotti, President, C&O Canal Trust
- March 11: Dr. Wm. Benjamin Martz, Jr., Dean, College of Business, Shepherd University
- March 18: Kent Leonhardt, West Virginia Commissioner of Agriculture
Opening – President Pam led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation and 4-Way Test.
- Tiffany Lawrence, Orion Strategic Communications Group, Visiting Rotarian from Rotary Club of Charles Town
- Meredith Barrett, SMILE Initiative, guest of Sandy Hamilton
- Bekah Hayes, SMILE Initiative, guest of Sandy Hamilton
- Jessica Hanes, Farmers & Mechanics Insurance Companies, guest of Vickie Elliott
- Derek Parsons, West Virginia Radio Corporation, guest of Chris Johnson
- Andrew Beckwith – March 5
- Leslie Crabill – March 4
- Dustin Branner – March 2
- Fred Hollida – March 2
- Christine Glover – March 1
- Pam Wagoner, February 29
- Doug Frye, February 24
- Carol Shull, February 24
- Fred Hollida – 34 years
- Doug Arndt – 32 years
- Jeff Arndt – 32 years
- Craig Collis – 29 years
- Mike Hite – 13 years
- Elaine Bartoldson – 7 years
- Scott Roberts – 5 years
- Tyler Kolb – 3 years
- Greg Hoffman – 1 year
- Tracy Regalia – 1 year
- Craig and Karen Martin – 50 years on February 27
- Pete and Betty Mulford – 45 years on February 28
- Dustin and Laura Branner – 25 years on February 20
- Playground equipment will be installed on March 30 at the Ashley House, part of the recovery center. Our $10,000 toward this project was made possible by our previous donations to the Rotary Foundation.
- Chris Johnson is asking members who have accumulated Foundation points, which are awarded to you when you make a gift, to consider donating them to the club. The Club will then create a match for those wishing to achieve the Paul Harris Fellow level of $1,000. We have $5,500 in match points that we can give for the same amount of donations. In other words, $500 gift and a $500 match in points gets to Paul Harris. Please reach out to President Pam or Chris if you are interested in either a match or donating points.
- Chris Johnson has provided envelopes on the lunch tables for people to easily make their Rotary Foundation contributions.
- There will be a 4-Way Test Speech Contest as we have a few contestants.
- The golf tournament is scheduled for May 19 at The Woods. Individuals are welcome to sponsor as well as businesses. This will help to fund our scholarships to Interact and Rotaract students.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
Student Guests – no student guests this week.
- Steve Roach sold tickets. Steve Cox had the winning ticket but did not draw the winning card.