Grapevine – March 29, 2020
Meetings continue to be canceled. We will be following the guidance of Governor Justice on the timing of returning to our meeting schedule.
Fer, our exchange student, successfully arranged to return to her home in Bolivia in the midst of this global health crisis. See her note to us:
I just want to let you know that I’m leaving the country this Saturday at 10:30pm from Miami. The reason is because the borders in my country are closed but they opened a charter flight so is the only opportunity to go home.
The only thing that I can say is thank you for everything that you did for me, it was the best experience and I really hope I can come back again and see you again in a different way that I’m leaving.
Any time that you want to go to Bolivia my house is open for you and you are more than welcome. I’m really gonna miss you.
Fer Heredia Pereira
- Kim Lanager – March 15
- Vonda Miller – March 21
- Tiffany Arnett – March 29
- Terry Chambers – April 2
- Joe and Susan Brookreson – March 25 for 50 years
- Ross and Pam Curtis – March 27 for 55 years
- Ernie and Carolyn Weidman – March 31 for 58 years
- Brad Janes – 4 years
- Lori Taylor – 3 years
- Maria Lorensen – 23 years
- From Judge Bridget Cohee: The Juvenile Drug Court is running low on $5 and $10 gift cards for incentives to the participants when they have a good week. A good week means clean screens, completing school assignments, individual and family therapy, court and probation check-in. Fast food gift cards of $5 and $10 are so beneficial to the kids. We are still doing our weekly hearings during the school outage. We are doing them by conference call. You can drop off the gift cards in an envelope to Leslie Crabill at BCT in Martinsburg. Thank you so much!
- There will be a Club Mixer hosted by Michelle Sadat at Advocate Insurance on April 30.
- Derby Days will be held on May 2.
- Rotary Golf tournament will be held Monday, July 27 at The Woods.