Grapevine – June 9, 2020
Note about meeting venue: This week the Club will once again hold an in-person meeting at the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn is committed to providing appropriate social distancing at tables and a plated meal that will be served to members as opposed to a buffet.
To join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1495284183
Or iPhone one-tap:
- US: +1(773)2319226,,1495284183# (US North)
- +1(469)4450100,,1495284183# (US South)
- +1(470)8692200,,1495284183# (US East)
Or Telephone: US:
- +1(469)4450100 (US South)
- +1(470)8692200 (US East)
Meeting ID: 149 528 4183
Last week: There were 31 at lunch at the Holiday Inn and an additional 10 members participating virtually. Pastor Tim Guerino from the Martinsburg Union Rescue Mission spoke about the Rescue Mission’s ministries and programs. He reported that the Rescue Mission offers short-term emergency assistance that can include meals, a place to sleep, literacy programs, and the Mission’s Spiritual Recovery Program. He also reported that everyone who receives their services are now drug-tested as a condition of receiving assistance.
This week: Chris Price, “Climbing New Heights.”
- June 18th — Ashley O’Brien, the Junior League
- June 25th — Brian White, Wellness Center
- July 9 – Installation Dinner at Purple Iris at 6:30 p.m.
- Vickie Elliott shared an invocation
- President Steve led us in the Pledge of Allegiance and the Four Way Test
- Ram Kamath – June 10
- Dana DeJarnett – June 11
- Ross Curtis – 18 years
- Brian Jolliff – 9 years
- Our Installation dinner has been changed to July 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the Purple Iris under a nice tent. There will be no pre-function Paul Harris Reception this year due to COVID.
- Thanks to so many generous members, the Club has gone over its annual fund goal of $15,000. Many members continue to be within $500 of their next Paul Harris level ($1,000). Please call Pete Mulford at 304-268-5627 if you would like to consider the match, or get to Paul Harris on your own. You can send your Rotary Foundation check to Pete Dufourny at our Club address: PO Box 2073, Martinsburg 25402, or go online if you are signed in to MyRotary.org, or through your DACdb account.
- Rich McCune sold tickets. There was $181 in the pot. Tim Merceruio had the winning ticket but did not select the winning card.