Grapevine – June 30, 2020
Note about meeting venue: This week the Club will once again hold an in-person meeting at the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn is committed to providing appropriate social distancing at tables and a plated meal that will be served to members as opposed to a buffet. You may also connect online. Check your email for the link.
Last week: Brian White, the head exercise physiologist of cardiac rehab at the Wellness Center in Martinsburg, spoke about the difference between heart disease and artery disease. If there is something wrong with the pump – your heart – it’s heart disease. Most of everything else we associate with disease of the heart is really artery disease including strokes and peripheral artery disease (PAD).
Upcoming program: July 9 – Installation Dinner at Purple Iris at 6:30 p.m. See the attached flyer. There will be no noon meeting.
Opening: Manuel Washington led us in the Pledge of Allegiance and provided an invocation.
Recognition: Samson Wright was introduced at the Club’s newest member. He was presented with his name badge.
- Kresha Hornby – June 28
- Tom Belfield – July 2
- Butch Cazin – July 3
- Jim Ouellet – July 3
- Ed Slonaker – 29 years
- Gary Manley – 25 years
- Bill Bowen – 23 years
- Penny Porter – 22 years
- Rob Lowe – 17 years
- Charles Preston – 11 years
- Sandy Hamilton has been named one of the Women of Distinction for 2020. Congratulations to her.
- See the attached flyer about the Installation Dinner on July 9.
- See the attached flyer about the Golf Tournament on October 14.
- Craig Martin sold tickets. There was $202 in the pot and 35 cards left in the deck. Vickie Elliott had the lucky ticket but did not draw the winning card.