Grapevine – June 23, 2020
Note about meeting venue: This week the Club will once again hold an in-person meeting at the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn is committed to providing appropriate social distancing at tables and a plated meal that will be served to members as opposed to a buffet. You may also connect online. Check your email for the link.
Last week: Ashley O’Brien and Richele Burch spoke about the newly-formed Junior League of the Eastern Panhandle, an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. It is a local chapter of Junior League International, an organization that has hundreds of chapters across the world.
This week: Brian White, the head exercise physiologist of cardiac rehab at the Wellness Center in Martinsburg.
Upcoming programs: July 9 – Installation Dinner at Purple Iris at 6:30 p.m. See the attached flyer.
- Doug Arndt – June 21
- Kresha Hornby – June 28
- Tina and Vernon Combs on June 22 for 35 years
- Bill and Betty Stover on June 23 for 47 years
- Darrell and Carol Shull on June 24
- Jim and Issue Siebert on June 27
- Thorton Hilleary – 1 year
- Frank Van Derhoof – many!
- We were saddened to lose longtime member, Page Burdette. The family held a private service and the Rotary Wheel was delivered to the funeral home.
- Sandy Hamilton has been named one of the Women of Distinction for 2020. Congratulations to her.
- Board of Directors will meet July 7 at noon at the Holiday Inn or via Zoom.