Grapevine – June 2, 2021
Last week: WV Senator Craig Blair, Senate Chairman
PC: Manuel Washington
This week: Dr. Connie Smith, WVU Medical Center
June 10: Member bio
June 17: Dr. Zakee McGill, President, NAACP, Berkeley County
June 24: Installation Dinner and 100th Anniversary Celebration (no lunch program)
July 8: Purple Iris, Martinsburg Chief of Police George Swartwood
July 29: Club picnic at Poorhouse Farm
Greeter – Vickie Elliott was the greeter and led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, provided an invocation and led us in the Four Way Test.
Special Presentations made by President Pam Wagoner
- Buzz Poland received his Paul Harris Plus Eight Pin
- Chris Johnson received her Paul Harris Plus Six Pin
- John Overington received his Paul Harris Plus Three pin
- Chazz Printz received his Paul Harris Plus Three Pin
- Bill Wertman received his Paul Harris Plus One Pin
- Doug Frye received his Paul Harris Fellow Pin in memory of his parents, Pearl and Lee Frye
- Darrell Shull received his Paul Harris Fellow Pin
- Nina Arnett – wife of Dr. Arnett (deceased), guest of Berniece Collis
- Cameron Dalton – law student and summer intern at Bowles Rice, guest of Chazz Printz
- Richard Stevens – guest of Darrell Shull
- Don Patthoff – May 30
- John Lucas – 47 years
- Jim Seibert – 45 years
- Pete Mulford – 39 years
- Ken Apple – 29 years
- Tom Belfield – 27 years
- Don Patthoff – 27 years
- Margaret Cogswell – 25 years
- Sharon Novak – 14 years
- An in-person Membership Mixer is planned for June 3 from 5-6:30 pm. It will be held at Bunker Hill Antiques, 144 Runnymeade Road, Bunker Hill. See the attached flyer. You can RSVP at [email protected], 304.871.0344.
- Dana Orsini will be installed as District Governor on June 27 at the Bavarian Inn. Tickets to attend are $45.
- The Club’s 100th Anniversary Celebration and Installation Dinner will be held June 24, 2021 at the Holiday Inn. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at 5:30 pm and dinner at 6:30 pm. Members should have received an invitation. RSVP by June 14 to Pete Mulford at 304.268.5627 or [email protected].
- President-Elect Steve Truax is looking for someone to replace Robin as editor for the Grapevine. Please let Steve know if you want to consider serving the Club by taking an hour or so per week to update members on news of speakers and Club business. Reach out to Robin Zanotti if you want to talk about specific duties. [email protected] or 540.686.6166.
- The Club will be staffing the concession at the Berkeley County Youth Fair on July 31.
- Pam will be taking over as Area Assistant District Governor.
- Please sign up with Sandy Hamilton to be a greeter.
- June 17 will be the last member meeting where Zoom participation will be made available.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
- Scott Roberts introduced Fran Inman of Spring Mills High School who then introduced our student guests.
- Ashley Gutierrez is a senior who is a member of the Interact Club. She will be going to WVU to study marketing.
- Marco Asani plans to attend Shepherd University and will study mechanical engineering.
- Luka Asani plans to study cinematography.
- Bill Wortley sold tickets. The pot had $219 and there were 30 cards left in the deck. Pam Wagoner had the winning ticket but did not draw the winning card.