Grapevine – June 16, 2020
Note about meeting venue: This week the Club will once again hold an in-person meeting at the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn is committed to providing appropriate social distancing at tables and a plated meal that will be served to members as opposed to a buffet. You may also connect online via Ring Central. See your email from President Steve.
Last week: There were 29 at lunch at the Holiday Inn and an additional 15 members participating virtually. Our speaker was Chris Price, an Air Force veteran and the co-owner of Climbing New Heights, a rock-climbing gym located off Rt. 9 near the GM Access Road. Chris talked about his time in the Air Force and Ohio Air Guard, about some difficult years after he left the Air Force that saw him spending time at both the VA Medical Center and the Martinsburg Rescue Mission, his recovery, and how he is currently active in a number of veterans’ groups and programs. He described a variety of programs for children and adults that are offered at Climbing New Heights.
This week: Ashley O’Brien, the Junior League.
- June 25th — Brian White, Wellness Center, on cardiovascular health and cardiac rehabilitation.
- July 9 – Installation Dinner at Purple Iris at 6:30 p.m.
- Kim and Jim Lanager
- Maria and Mike Lorensen – 36 years
- Chaz Printz – 28 years
- Our Installation dinner has been changed to July 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the Purple Iris under their tent. There will be no pre-function Paul Harris Reception this year due to COVID-19. Please be sure to sign up.
- Thanks to so many generous members, the Club has gone over its annual fund goal of $15,000. Many members continue to be within $500 of their next Paul Harris level ($1,000). Please call Pete Mulford at 304-268-5627 or you can send your Rotary Foundation check to Pete Dufourny at our Club address: PO Box 2073, Martinsburg 25402, or go online if you are signed in to MyRotary.org, or through your DACdb account.
- Maria Lorensen won 50/50.