Grapevine – June 15, 2021
Last week: Jim Ouellet provided his Club bio. He was born in Connecticut and is a civil engineer with an MBA. He is married and has a 16-year-old daughter. Carol Shull was born in California. She met Darrell as part of a political campaign. They moved to DC in 1997 where she worked at the National Academy of Sciences until her retirement. Tracy Regalia was born in South Carolina in 1978. She moved to Baltimore with her mother and sister. She joined the military in 1977. She went on to graduate from Shepherd University as an undergraduate and in 2009 received her master’s degree. Her daughter was born in 2015. She became a financial advisor with Edward Jones two years ago and has a new office in Kearneysville.
This week: Dr. Zakee McGill, President, NAACP, Berkeley County
June 24: Installation Dinner and 100th Anniversary Celebration (no lunch program)
July 8: Purple Iris, Martinsburg Chief of Police George Swartwood
July 29: Club picnic at Poorhouse Farm
- Rob Lowe was the greeter and led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, provided an invocation and led us in the Four Way Test.
- Maria and Mike Lorensen – June 18 for 37 years
- Kim and Jim Lanager – June 18
- Boyd Collis, grandson of Berniece Collis
- Jennifer Webb and Joshua Webb were welcomed to the Club as our newest members.
- Dana Orsini from the Shepherdstown Rotary Club will be installed as District Governor on June 27 at the Bavarian Inn. Sign up through the district’s website. Tickets to attend are $45.
- Children’s Music in the park – come to the square in downtown Martinsburg on Fridays at 10:15 to serve water for 45 minutes. Sign-up sheets were on the tables.
- The Club’s 100th Anniversary Celebration and Installation Dinner will be held June 24, 2021 at the Holiday Inn. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at 5:30 pm and dinner at 6:30 pm. Members should have received an invitation. RSVP by using one of the sign-up sheets on the tables during the lunch meeting or by reaching out to Pam, Steve Truax or Pete Mulford.
- The Club will be staffing the concession at the Berkeley County Youth Fair on July 31. Berniece Collis will be recruiting volunteers.
- Pam will be taking over as Area Assistant District Governor.
- Please sign up with Sandy Hamilton to be a greeter.
- This week will be the last member meeting where Zoom participation will be made available.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
- Bill Wortley sold tickets. The pot had $240 and there were 28 cards left in the deck. Steve Roach had the winning ticket but did not draw the winning card.