Grapevine – June 15, 2021
- Jim Ouellet was the greeter and lead us in the Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation, and the Four-Way Test.
- Keri Goodwin
- Teresa McCabe
- We will have our Annual Picnic at Poor House Farm barn July 29th. Start socializing at 5, start eating at 6, no lunch meeting that day. We will have a brief Rotary meeting but intend for this day to be mostly socializing and fellowship. Sign-up sheets will be on the tables at our next meeting.
- The Club will be staffing the concession stand at the Berkeley County Youth Fair on July 31. Berniece Collis is recruiting volunteers.
- Children’s Music in the park – come to the square in downtown Martinsburg on Thursdays at 10:15 to serve water for 45 minutes. Sign-up sheets will be on the tables at our next meeting.
- August 12th we will be off-site – location TBA.
- We are working a Wellness Screening at the Wellness Center on Sept 25th. Volunteers should plan to be there by 5:30 AM.
- We are cooking and serving at the Apple Harvest Pancake Breakfast on October 16th and 17th. We’ll be looking for volunteers for that.
- There will be District grants surveys and a booklets about Rotary’s seven areas of focus on the tables at our next meeting. Please help us come up with ideas for this year’s district grants.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
After the club had a moment of silence in memory of Dr. Taylor Perry and Harriet Johnson, Pete Mulford announced that the speaker would be Mr. Dean Thomas, President and CEO of WVU Medicine East. Mr. Thomas spoke about his background across the healthcare industry. He discussed his healthcare operations experience across multiple states and different systems. Next, he offered a COVID update. Some items mentioned were: WV has had 164,763 COVID cases and 2916 deaths, all but 4 counties are green (the color system is the county alert system including infection rate and percentage positive), and of the eligible residents (over 12 yrs. old) 55.5 are fully vaccinated. Lastly, he covered the WVU Medicine East update including the strategic plan moving forward. He went on to discuss a brief overview including: WVU is a not-for-profit health system, the ambulatory platform, home health platform, staffing details (160 employed providers, 370 providers on the medical staff – they are also understaffed), institute sites, other key clinical programs and the Foundation. Mr. Thomas announced that the 2026 WVU Medicine East Strategic Plan has been approved. The specific domains of the plan spell out GREAT (Growth, Resources, Excellence, Academics, Talent)
- July 22 – Dana Dejarnett
- July 29 – No Lunch meeting – Family Picnic at Poor House Farm at 5PM
- Aug 3 – BOARD MEETING – all members are invited****
- 50/50 Denise sold 50/50, Robin Zanotti’s ticket was drawn. There were 51 cards in the deck and $70 in the pot, and she did not draw the King of Spades.
July Wedding Anniversaries:
- Pam & Elwood Wagoner – July 14 – 41 years (WOW!!!)
- George & Renee Karos – July 15 for 20 years
- Manuel & Patricia Washington – July 16
- Robin & Mike Zanotti – July 24 – 17 years
- Steve & Tina Roach – July 26 – 41 years (AMAZING!!!)
- Thomas Belfield – 2
- Butch Cazin – 3
- Jim Oullet – 3
- Pete Mulford – 5
- Michael Hite – 8
- Wes Smith – 8
- Tina Combs – 13
- Brian Jolliff – 14
- Renee Pifer – 16
- Dean Russell – 17
- Stephen Cox – 18
- Craig Martin – 22
- Jonathan Agee – 27
July Member Anniversaries:
- Isabella & Jorgina – July 17 – 7 years
- Gary Manley – July 1 – 26 years
- Vonda Miller – July 25 – 20 years
- Edward Slonaker – July 1 – 30 years