Grapevine – July 28, 2020
Note about meeting venue: The Club will continue meeting in-person at the Holiday Inn along with an option to join virtually, through the end of August. Continuing to offer the virtual option will be re-evaluated at that time. The Holiday Inn is committed to providing appropriate social distancing at tables and a plated meal that will be served to members as opposed to a buffet. Please check your email from President Pam for the link in order to connect online.
Last week: Dr. Patrick Murphy, Superintendent of Berkeley County Schools, spoke with us about plans for returning to school during the pandemic. Judy McCune covered the methodology for contact tracing should anyone in the schools come into contact with the virus.
- This week – Club Assembly
- Next week – Steve O’Brien, Proctor & Gamble
- August 13 – Clorox
- August 20 – High School Football Coaches
- August 27 – Martinsburg Chief of Police George Smartwood
- Vickie Elliott led us in the Pledge of Allegiance and provided an invocation.
- Caitlyn Kinsey, guest of Christine Glover
- Marion Jimenz Sanchz, guest of Christine Glover
- Daja Elliott, guest of Christine Glover
- Robert Garrett, guest of Jason Stedman
- Beth Loy – July 26
- Jonathan Agee – July 27
- Steve and Tina Roach – 40 years on July 26
- John Overington – 35 years
- The Girls Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital is planning to hold their Women of Distinction event on October 14. Sponsorships are available. They are also selling Pearls for Girls raffle tickets as part of the Women of Distinction celebration. You can see Gail Moxley or Berniece Collis for raffle tickets.
- Buzz Poland sold tickets. There was $195 in the pot and 32 cards in the deck. Kevin Knowles had the winning ticket but did not win the pot.