Grapevine – July 7, 2020
Note about meeting venue: The Club will continue meeting in-person at the Holiday Inn along with an option to join via Zoom, through the end of August. Continuing to offer the electronic option will be re-evaluated at that time. The Holiday Inn is committed to providing appropriate social distancing at tables and a plated meal that will be served to members as opposed to a buffet. Please check your email for the link in order to connect online.
Last week: We had three member bios from Samson Wright, pictured below, Adam Weaver and Virginia Newcome. All three were very interesting and have many ties to the military.
Upcoming program: July 9 – Installation Dinner at Purple Iris at 6:30 p.m. See the attached flyer. There will be no noon meeting.
Next week: Allen Corbin, Executive Director, Berkeley County Parks and Recreation
- Pete Mulford – July 5
- Mike Hite – July 8
- The Board meeting will be held in person and via Zoom on July 7 – Holiday Inn.
- See the attached flyer about the Installation Dinner this Thursday, July 9. Tuesday is the last day to make your reservation.
- Our Foundation efforts concluded on June 30 with $19,364 donated to the Annual Fund and $22,814 to Polio Plus and other funds. Our per capita giving was $156, which far exceeds the District average. There were 51 Club members who donated and 25 percent gave $100 or more at the sustaining level.
- Former Club member Jerry Mays and his wife Judy are both struggling with illness.
- Sandy Hamilton has been named one of the Women of Distinction for 2020. Congratulations to her.
- See the attached flyer about the Golf Tournament on October 14.
- Tickets were not sold this week.