Grapevine – January 27, 2021
Last week: John Taylor is the District International Service Chair. He discussed the impact of service projects around the world and shared some of his own experiences in El Salvador.
This week: Mark Letenzi: Shenandoah Hotel Restoration.
- February 4: Bill Bowen, Estate Sales and Antiques Collections
- February 11th: Dean Thomas, WVUH CEO
- February 18th: TBD
- February 25th: Mark Nance, Valley Health CEO
Opening – Berniece Collis led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation and 4-Way Test.
- Sherri Janelle – 2 years
- Chris Pifer – 1 year
- There will be a 4-Way Test Speech Contest as we have a few contestants.
- The golf tournament is scheduled for May 19.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
Student Guests – Spring Mills High School attended with Fran Inman, Interact Advisor.
- Leaha Harper, Senior, has a 4.5 grade point average. She will be attending Georgia Tech on a volleyball scholarship and will major in biomedical sciences.
- Thomas Inman, Senior, has a 4.2 grade point average. He has applied to the Coast Guard and Naval academies. He would like to be a robotics engineer. He plans to complete his Eagle Scout requirements very soon.
- Bill Wortley sold tickets. It’s a pretty new deck of cards. John Overington had the winning ticket but did not draw the winning card.