Grapevine – January 13, 2021
Last week: Chris Kinsler, Publisher and Editor of The Journal, shared The Journal’s top stories of 2020 both for sports and for news. Their top story for sports was the impact of Covid-19 on sports across the board. The top story for news was Covid-19 taking a toll on the eastern panhandle and the state.
This week – Dana Orsini, District Governor Elect, will discuss the Rotary Foundation. There will also be a very brief club assembly.
January 21 – John Taylor, Rotary District update
- Carol Shull was presented with her member badge
- Steve Truax was presented with his Paul Harris +2 pin Guests
- Rev. John Yost, retired pastor, guest of Pete Mulford
- Charles Preston – January 15
- Scott Slick – January 15
- Karen Spence – January 11
- Berniece Collis – January 7
- Lacy Rice – December 29
- Thorton Hilleary – December 28
- Tim Merceruio – December 25
- Butch and Estela Cazin – 45 years on December 21
- Buzz and Lisa Poland – December 23
- Buzz Poland – 47 years
- Fred Parsons – 31 years
- Vickie Elliott – 15 years
- Butch Cazin – 15 years
- Chris Johnson – 11 years
- Steve Truax – 4 years
- Renee Pifer – 2 years
- Jim Linsenmeyer – 1 year
- Beat the winter blues! We will be holding a Virtual Martinsburg Rotary Happy Hour Mixer on January 14, 2021 at 5 p.m. Hosted by Advocate Insurance, beach accessories will be provided to all registered guests. RSVP to [email protected].
- The golf tournament is scheduled for May 19.
- We are still looking for new or very gently used coats for kids from elementary to early middle school. You can bring them to the meeting or drop them off at Depot Florist only during the hours they are open.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
- Spring Mills High School attended with their Interact Advisor. They have more than 30 active members. They were presented with a check for $250 from the club to help them with their efforts.
- Nick Shirley, Interact Club president, is a senior and is applying to the Naval and Air Force academies.
- Nina Saluja is a senior and plans to double major in economics and math.
- Bill Wortley sold tickets. There was $358 in the pot and 17 cards left in the deck. Pam Wagoner had the winning ticket and drew the winning card. Congratulations, President Pam!
Our board beginning July 1, 2021
- Steve Truax – president
- Pete Mulford – president-elect
- Vice President – vacant
- Doug Arndt – secretary
- Darrell Shull – treasurer
- Tim Merceruio – sergeant-at-arms
- Pam Wagoner – past president
Board members by class as of 7/1/21
- Berniece Collis
- Andrew Beckwith
- Manuel Washington
- Chris Johnson
- Bill Wertman
- Allen Kees
- Steve Roach
- Michelle Sadat