Grapevine – February 9, 2021
Last week: Bill Bowen, Club member and owner of Bunker Hill Antiques, presented “Antiques: What you need to know about selling.” He also shared stories about some of his sports memorabilia.
This week: Dean Thomas, WVUH CEO
- February 18: TBD
- February 25: Mark Nance, Valley Health CEO
Opening – Vickie Elliott led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation and 4-Way Test.
- Matthew Howard, archeologist and author, guest of Thorton Hilleary
- Ingrid Howard, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Guest of Thorton Hilleary
- Bill Wertman – 5 years
- Plans are to install playground equipment at the Ashley House, part of the recovery center, in the spring.
- Chris Johnson is asking members who have accumulated Foundation points, which are awarded to you when you make a gift, to consider donating them to the club. The Club will then create a match for those wishing to achieve the Paul Harris Fellow level of $1,000.
- Chris Johnson has provided envelopes on the lunch tables for people to easily make their Rotary Foundation contributions.
- There will be a 4-Way Test Speech Contest as we have a few contestants.
- The golf tournament is scheduled for May 19 at The Woods. Individuals are welcome to sponsor as well as businesses. This will help to fund our scholarships to Interact and Rotaract students. ROCS is the first to step forward with a $2,500 sponsorship.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
Student Guests – no students guests this week.
- Sandy Hamilton sold tickets. It’s a pretty new deck of cards and a pot of $84. Steve Roach had the winning ticket but did not draw the winning card.