Grapevine – December 2, 2020
Note about meeting venue: The Club will continue meeting in person at the Holiday Inn, along with an option to join virtually.
Week before last (we didn’t meet on Thanksgiving): Herb Smith came to talk with us about District Communications and Rotary Public Relations. Among other things, he encouraged us to wear Rotary swag to attract others to Rotary.
- December 3 – Basketball Coaches
- December 10 – WRNR – Rob and Dave for the Year in Review
- December 17 – Club Christmas Lunch (rescheduled from Christmas dinner) December 24 – Christmas Eve – No meeting
- December 31 – New Year’s Eve – maybe
- Steve Truax led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, provided an invocation and led us in the 4-Way Test.
- Bill Stover – 42 years
- Kim Reid – 35 years
- Jim Ouellet – 2 years
- Maria Lorensen asks that you bring your unwrapped Salvation Army gifts to the Thursday meeting this week (tomorrow).
- We will be doing bell ringing at Walmart on Foxcroft Avenue this Saturday, December 5 from 10:30-2:30 to support the Salvation Army.
- The Christmas Dinner has become a Christmas Lunch. Please let Pam or Pete Mulford (304.268.5627) know if you plan to attend. There will sheets on the tables at lunch tomorrow. It will be a very nice served buffet and tables will be socially distant.
- Steve Truax has asked for nominations to the board of directors. He is accepting all input and nominations will be closing soon.
- We are still looking for new or very gently used coats for kids from elementary to early middle school. You can bring them to the meeting or drop them off at Depot Florist only during the hours they are open.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
Student Guests – we had videos from two students at Musselman High School
- Emma Shockey, Senior, would like to be a middle school band teacher.
- Logan Casto, Senior, would like to get a masters in music education. He hoped to attend Vanderbilt University.
- There was $324 in the pot and 13 cards left in the deck. Samson Wright had the winning ticket but did not win the pot.