Grapevine – December 2, 2020
Note about meeting venue: The Club will continue meeting in person at the Holiday Inn, along with an option to join virtually.
David Welch of WRNR Radio shared top 10 international and local news stories.
Week before last:
Berkeley County Basketball Coaches each spoke for a couple minutes. Kelly Church, Hedgesville Boys Head Basketball Coach; Kyle Triggs, Martinsburg Girls Head Basketball Coach; Bruce Fowler, Martinsburg Boys Assistant Basketball Coach; Derek Basile, Musselman Boys Head Basketball Coach; Luke Samples, Spring Mills Boys Head Basketball Coach; Doug Arndt, Hedgesville Girls Head Basketball Coach.
- December 17 – Club Christmas Lunch (rescheduled from Christmas dinner)
- December 24 – No meeting, Merry Christmas!
- December 31 – New Year’s Eve – regular meeting; program TBD
- January 7 – Journal Top 10 news stories for 2020
- President Pam led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, provided an invocation and led us in the 4-Way Test.
- Shelby Glover, Assistant Principal at Martinsburg High School, guest of Trent Sherman
- Steve and Betty Cox – 58 years on December 14, 2020
- Marilyn Schoon and Bill Wortley – 44 years on December 18
- Bill Stover – 42 years
- Rick Pill – 35 years
- Kim Reid – 35 years
- Gary Kelley – 15 years
- Sandy Hamilton – 7 years
Officers as of 7/1/21
- Steve Truax – president
- Pete Mulford – president-elect
- Vice President – vacant
- Doug Arndt – secretary
- Darrell Shull – treasurer
- Tim Merceruio – sergeant-at-arms
- Pam Wagoner – past president
Board members by class as of 7/1/21
- Berniece Collis
- Andrew Beckwith
- Manuel Washington
- Chris Johnson
- Bill Wertman
- Kevin Starliper
- Allen Kees
- Steve Roach
- Michelle Sadat
- Pam Hite – December 19
- Chris Pifer – December 15
- Max Oates – December 13
- Ernie Weidman – December 12
- Bill Wortley – December 11
- Craig Collis – December 10
- Pam Curtis – December 10
- Lori Taylor – December 10
- The Christmas Dinner has become a Christmas Lunch. Please let Pam know or text Pete Mulford (304.268.5627) if you would like to attend. It will be a very nice served buffet and tables will be socially distant – only four per table. Reservations were due yesterday so you may need to ask nicely!
- We will be holding a Virtual Mixer on January 14, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Maria Lorensen thanked members for the outpouring of support for children in Berkeley County through your Salvation Army donations of gifts for the kids. Bell ringing also went well.
- We are still looking for new or very gently used coats for kids from elementary to early middle school. You can bring them to the meeting or drop them off at Depot Florist only during the hours they are open.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
- Maria Lorensen sold tickets. There was $346 in the pot and 11 cards left in the deck. John Overington had the winning ticket but did not win the pot.