Grapevine – August 19, 2021
Greeter – Robin Zanotti was the greeter and led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation and the Four-Way Test.
- We are working a Wellness Screening at the Wellness Center on Sept 25th. Volunteers should plan to be there by 5:30 AM.
- We are cooking and serving at the Apple Harvest Pancake Breakfast on October 16th and 17th. We are looking for volunteers for that.
- We are trying to understand the new YPA program that our Rotary Zone is proposing, detail to follow.
- The Rotary Foundation dinner is Sept. 25th starting at 4:30PM. This is a great opportunity for you and your spouse to get all dressed up and party!! Black Tie is optional.
- You can pay club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
The head coaches of the four Berkeley County high school football teams was todays program. Brian Thomas, from Musselman Hedgesville High School, Britt Sherman, from Martinsburg High School, Josh Simms, from Spring Mills High School, and Matt Faircloth from Hedgesville High School took turns describing their educational and sports backgrounds, and talked about the experiences they strive to create and the values they strive to instill within the framework of high school football. They repeatedly offered the sports aphorism that “games are won by players and lost by coaches,” and said that this is why investing in the players is the only strategy that makes sense. They showed once again why this program is always a Rotary favorite.
- Aug 26 – Riley Moore
- Sep 02 – Friends Fur Life
- Sept 07 – Board Meeting
- Sept 09 – Mike Laing, Courthouse Marshalls
- Sept 16 – Alzheimer’s Association
- Buzz Poland sold tickets; Sandy Hamilton’s ticket was drawn. She did not draw the King of Spades. As Doug would say, “there’s no money and lots of cards”…lol
- September 6th is the War Memorial Park Labor Day breakfast from 7:30-10:30AM.
- (During today’s program, Coach Sherman asked for ideas on ways that his team members could perform community service. After a quick discussion with Buzz Poland and others, it was arranged for them to be volunteers at the Labor Day Breakfast. AWESOME!!!)
- October 9th is the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, located at War Memorial Park. Registration from 8AM-9AM, walk starts at 9:30. (Come walk with me!)
- October 13th will be the Girl Scouts Women of Distinction banquet, and the club will reserve a table there.
This edition of the Grapevine was a joint effort. Actually, it’s always a joint effort, but especially when I am not present for the meeting. Thanks to President Steve for all of the program content and Sandy Hamilton for the photos!!! #teamwork