Grapevine – April 22, 2020
No meeting last week.
Join us for an online meeting this week – Thursday at 12:15.
We will get an update on our Foundation and Polio Plus goals. We will also have a short video titled “Drop to Zero”, produced by Rotary. You will have to connect with the computer link below to view the video.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1496108036
Or iPhone one-tap : US: +1(773)2319226,,1496108036# (US North) +1(469)4450100,,1496108036# (US South) +1(470)8692200,,1496108036# (US East) Or Telephone: US: +1(773)2319226 (US North) +1(469)4450100 (US South) +1(470)8692200 (US East) Meeting ID: 149 610 8036
- April 30: Robin Zanotti on the C&O Canal Trust
- May 7: New(ish) members will share their biographies
- Frank Van Derhoof – April 22
- John Douglas Miller – April 25
- Drew Bartoldson – 4 years
- Andrew Beckwith – 4 years
- Terry Chambers – 9 years
- Christine Glover – 4 years
- Steve Truax is looking for more new members to present biographies, and is having a hard time reaching people due to the fact that DacDB often only has work contact information and many people are working from home and not checking their work phones and emails very often. If you are willing to present your biography at a future Rotary meeting, please let Steve know at (304) 279-0653 (voice or text).
- Thursday lunch meetings at the Holiday Inn have been canceled until further notice. Watch for emails about online meetings.
- The Club Mixer scheduled for April 30 has been postponed.
- Derby Days Soiree has been postponed.
- Pancakes for Polio has been canceled.
- The Golf Tournament has been moved to Wednesday, October 14, still at The Woods (see attached flyer).
- Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to Interact students from the clubs we sponsor. An additional three $600 scholarships will also be awarded.
- A gift of $1,200 will be given to the Blaine Groves Scholarship Fund at the Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation.
- From Judge Bridget Cohee: The Juvenile Drug Court is running low on $5 and $10 gift cards for incentives to the participants when they have a good week. A good week means clean screens, completing school assignments, individual and family therapy, court and probation check-in. Fast food gift cards of $5 and $10 are so beneficial to the kids. We are still doing our weekly hearings during the school outage. We are doing them by conference call. You can drop off the gift cards in an envelope to Leslie Crabill at BCT in Martinsburg. Thank you so much!
- Steve Truax announced that CCAP has plenty of food to give away. It is well stocked for those who need it. They are using social distancing procedures.