Grapevine – April 21, 2021
Last week: Jennie Shriner, Director of Community Programs, Telemon. She discussed operating in a Covid year. She shared their many programs that provide a hand up, and how they were able to continue services during the pandemic.
This week: Bill Powell, former U.S. Attorney of the Northern District of West Virginia
April 29: Club Assembly
June 24: Dinner meeting – Installation Dinner and 100th Anniversary Celebration
- Bill Wortley was the greeter and led us in the Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation and 4-Way Test.
- Derek Parsons, West Virginia Radio Corporation, guest of Chris Johnson
- Frank Van Derhoof – April 22
- Terry Chambers – 10 years
- Drew Bartoldson – 5 years
- Andrew Beckwith – 5 years
- Christine Glover – 5 years
- Megan Simms – 2 years
- Derek Parsons, prospective new member, proposed by Chris Johnson, had his name read to the membership. If there are no written objections by next Thursday, he will be granted membership into the club.
- Jim Ouellet was presented with his first Paul Harris Fellow award. Pam Wagoner received her plus 4 pin.
- Prior to the lunch meeting on April 29 at 11:20, there will be a dedication and ribbon cutting ceremony at Ashley House for the playground equipment we installed. Members are encouraged to attend.
- In addition to other positions that need to be filled, we are establishing a Program Committee to share the workload of providing interesting weekly meetings. If you are interested, please see Steve Truax. We are also still in search of a Program Chair.
- The golf tournament is scheduled for May 19 at The Woods. We have successfully maxed out our number of golfers but could squeeze someone in if they want to play.
- Our club has a $12,000 foundation goal for the Annual Fund. We are currently at $9,900 for Annual Fund, $10,458 when we include Polio Plus. Chris Johnson has provided envelopes on the lunch tables for people to easily make their Rotary Foundation contributions.
- Please sign up with Sandy Hamilton to be a greeter. We will continue to use public health guidelines.
- It is proposed that on July 1 we end the use of Zoom for virtual weekly meetings but continue to use Zoom for board meetings. Please provide President Pam any feedback you may have on this.
- You can pay Club dues at our website – https://www.martinsburgrotary.com/pay-dues/.
- Marilyn Schoon sold tickets. The pot had $157 and there were 36 cards left in the deck. Pam Wagoner had the winning ticket but did not draw the winning card.