Grapevine – April 14, 2020
We had a good meeting last week using Ring Central. Approximately 35 members were able to join us, some with on video and computer audio and others called in via phone. We plan to hold another meeting this Thursday with the possibility of a program. Look for an email from President Steve with directions for joining the meeting.
In place of last week’s program, you are encouraged to watch the video of Peter Kyle’s keynote speech from the District 7360 Foundation Dinner on October 26, 2019. Follow one of these links.
President Steve reported on a few items from the Board meeting the previous Tuesday. There are changes to the following programs:
- Thursday lunch meetings at the Holiday Inn have been canceled until further notice. Watch for emails about electronic meetings.
- The Club Mixer scheduled for April 30 has been postponed.
- Derby Days Soiree has been postponed.
- Pancakes for Polio has been canceled.
- The Golf Tournament has been moved to Wednesday, October 14, still at The Woods (see attached flyer).
- Vickie Jenkins led us in the pledge and provided an invocation. President Steve led us in the Four Way Test.
- Bill Wertman – April 16
- Mike and Pam Hite – April 17 for 28 years
- Heather and Denny Myers – April 17 for 39 years
- Jonathan Agee – 1 year
- Megan Simms – 1 year
- Brittanie Mohamed – 2 years
- Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to Interact students from the clubs we sponsor. An additional three $600 scholarships will also be awarded.
- A gift of $1,200 will be given to the Blaine Groves Scholarship Fund at the Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation.
- From Judge Bridget Cohee: The Juvenile Drug Court is running low on $5 and $10 gift cards for incentives to the participants when they have a good week. A good week means clean screens, completing school assignments, individual and family therapy, court and probation check-in. Fast food gift cards of $5 and $10 are so beneficial to the kids. We are still doing our weekly hearings during the school outage. We are doing them by conference call. You can drop off the gift cards in an envelope to Leslie Crabill at BCT in Martinsburg. Thank you so much!
- Steve Truax announced that CCAP has plenty of food to give away. It is well stocked for those who need it. They have enacted social distancing procedures.