December 26, 2016 Grapevine
RECAP OF LAST NOON MEETING (Dec 22)
(also see Rotary and Community announcements below)
Greeter: Tina Combs
Guests (hosts): Steven Truax (Pete Mulford), Anita and Larry Cooper (Walt Ridenour), Jonathan Wertman (Rick Pill), Wuest Family/Chris, Chris, Jr., Michael, Caitlin (Wiktoria Warzycka), Lauren Bartoldson (Elaine Bartoldson) Kylee Jolliff ( Brian Jolliff), Chuck Preston (Charles Preston), Jason Arndt (Doug Arndt)
50/50: Margaret Cogswell. Vicki Elliott won the tickiet drawing but not the winning card. Chris Johnson will sell at next meeting as Vicki will be on vacation.
Birthdays celebrated: Janette Sparks, Pamla Hite, Michael Zanotti, Steve Christian, Adam Hoy.
Election update for Rotary Board of Directors (2 positions): Sandy Hamilton was the top vote getter, and is now elected to one of the positions. Pam Wagoner and Chris Johnson tied for second place. By unanimous vote of the membership, the run-off election was tabled until the board can discuss amending the by-laws so that both of these past presidents may serve.
Program: Pam Wagoner and Pete Dufourney spoke about their trip to White Sulphur Springs with other area Rotarians and their work in rebuilding homes damaged by the flood.
UPCOMING & URGENT – NOON & EVENING MEMBERS
Primary contact for evening (Satelite) group is Drew Bartoldson – [email protected]
- Taste of the Panhandle, January 14th: Approximately 100 tickets are currently available ($85 per person). This is our signature event, it’s lots of fun and we need strong Rotary participation and a sell-out! A Chamber email blast just went out, so get your tickets before they are gone. Tickets available at our noon meeting this Thursday, or contact Leslie Crabill at [email protected] or Kresha Hornby at [email protected]. S
- Future noon meetings: Thursday
, December 29th – In keeping with tradition, The Journal will present its top stories for 2016. Always very interesting commentary! Students from Martinsburg HS will be featured throughout January. Each program in January will also focus on vocations/watch this spot for updates. If you have program suggestions, please see Amanda Vance Giangola, Program Chairman > [email protected]
- Next evening (Satellite) meeting: Thursday, December 29th, 5:45 to 7 pm at The Mountaineer Grill. Casual get together for noon and evening members (not a regular meeting). All welcome. Bring a friend.
ROTARY NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Also see “Communiy Announcements” below.
- NEWSFLASH FROM BILL STOVER’S HUMORARIUM > If you don’t pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.
- More greeters needed! See Sandy Hamilton.
- Annual Rotary Foundation Drive underway! Checks accepted at every meeting through June.
- Exceptional opportunity! Be a host family for the Summer Short Term Exchange. Contact Craig Bartoldson. See attachment
- SPECIAL WRNR-Rotary Foundation Drive is in full swing. Innovative project raises money by allowing people and businesses to sponsor PSAs on WRNR for charities and non-profits. More people/businesses are needed to sponsor PSAs plus some Rotarians who would like to record some of the PSAs. 100% of proceeds go to our LOCAL Rotary Foundation. See Brian Jolliff or Mike Hornby for required form shown below.
- EP Community Foundation programs (including college scholarships) > click for info
- Deadline approaching for your 2016 tax credits! CCAP/Loaves & Fishes has been awarded $50,000 in tax credits by the WV Development Office for 2016 which means that donors can receive tax credits of $0.50 per $1 contributed! Tax credits are limited to first $100,000 in total contributions received by CCAP. This is one of the highest NIP awards of tax credits to any organization in the state. Minimum contribution is $500. See Doug Frye for more info.
TWO HISTORIC EVENTS THAT YOU JUST CANNOT MISS!
BOOKING UP! 2017 Rotary International Convention, June 10 – 14 in Atlanta.
Online info and registration | More on Facebook
2018 Rotary International Convention, June 24 – 27 in Toronto.
Official online info
YOUR ROTARY RESOURCE CENTER >
LOCAL FACEBOOK PAGE:
Please send Grapevine submissions to: [email protected].